Saturday, October 21, 2006

Celebrations at home



October has been an auspicious month. Firstly, my cousin brother got a baby boy ... and now my cousin sister got married.

For the past few weeks I have been busy preparing myself for the wedding. And now it's over.


The "Ross" Ceremony
-------------------

Two days before the wedding, the "Ross" took place. It's similar to the "Haldi" ceremony. But instead of turmeric, we used milk and eggs.

Everything was perfect... until the bride's friends came along!!! Perhaps they couldn't bear seeing her look so beautiful with the milk and egg yolk all over face. So they poured something more on her... LIKE?!!



More milk.. More eggs.. Coconut powder, BBQ sauce, Chocolate syrup, Ketchup, non alcoholic Beer and blah blah blah!! A perfect recipe for a tangy chocolate cake Like as if this was not enough...The guys went one step forward and broke the eggs in their own ishtyle.. All the 'taklu's came forward, placed an egg on the girl's head and broke it with their coconut-like head. LOL!

At the end, when everything was over..one of the chweetie kids present there, began to cry on seeing the bride. She looked more like a marinated lamb ready to be roasted


The Wedding Day
---------------

In the morning, everybody was at the parlour..including kids! One particular little boy had a very cute hairstyle done, with the initials of the wedding couple carved on it. Now it is very important that you look good on the wedding day, after all a video shooting always takes place

This was the day I was waiting for, sooo eagerly... Why??

Well, I'd brought this beautiful grey gown with a pair of beautiful silver slippers to match with. Weeks before the wedding, I began working out intensively at the gym and dieted religiously..just to look fabulous in the gown!


And on the D-day, I looked like a princess in it... People kept looking at me throughout the reception! I guess, my hard work paid off

Now coming back to the wedding..

First there was the blessings session, followed by the nuptial at the church.

The reception party was delayed by two hours.. but once it started, the party was a blast!



I was sitting with my parents and cousin sister.. when suddenly the Host announced that the Wedding March would start. My cousin brother took my cousin sister for the march.
Poor me! I was sitting all alone.. My dad was too tired to take me for the march

Just then, Mrs. X's son came to our table, extended his right hand towards me and took me to the dance floor. I did the wedding march for the first time in my life. And you know what.. this is also the first wedding I've been to!! Mrs. X's son was my dance partner for the evening. Ha!

This was my first time.. I never tried Waltz before. I confessed to Mrs. X's son that I didn't know how to dance. But all he said was,

"Even I don't know to dance well. Just keep moving your feet. The last time I'd danced with a girl, I'd dropped her down.. Don't worry! This will not happen again"



I kept praying till the end of the dance, to be not the next victim!!

Then came my fav. part - THE FOOD!!

Everything from Biryani, Manchurian, Gravies, Mixed Grill and more were there for the main course. The salads were an absolute delight.
Deserts were fabulous too.

We left early and couldn't make it to the end of the reception party as it got over by 3:30am.


THE SECOND DAY
-------------

It is a custom that on the second day of the marriage, the groom's family is invited to the bride's house ['sasural'] for a session of prayers and dinner. The dinner took place at a restaurant.
The bride and the groom looked so cute!! She was wearing a gorgeous red saari and he was wearing a sherwani.

The party couldn't get over without some little music. So we danced on famous Goan numbers. Mrs. X's son was there again...

We had formed a circle ...Each guy had to pick a girl from the group and dance with her in the middle of the circle. Mrs. X's son was looking at me all the time.. and when his turn came, he chose me Everyone was cheering us when we began to dance

It was fun altogether. This dinner got over at 2:00am.


LIFE IS BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN. I'D ENOUGH PARTIES.. NEED TO GET BACK TO SERIOUS BUSINESS - STUDIES!!

I'LL BE PUTTING UP THE PHOTOS OF THE WEDDING HERE VERY SOON. BE SURE TO WATCH OUT FOR THE NEXT POST.

AND YEP - HERE'S WISHING YOU A HAPPY AND JOYOUS DIWALI!!

ALSO, EID MUBARAK TO YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!! THIS WEEK, THERE IS A GET-TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS FOR EID.. [Read Devilish Angel's blog to know more]